year Anniversary Special Announcement Revised August 4, 2012
Buddy Rider in addition to the
tractor driver for 2012
Owosso Tractor Parts or the MBA reserves the right to amend these rules
at any time.
The Mackinac Bridge Authority has given approval of a rider (Buddy
Rider) for the first time as long as the tractor seat and Buddy Rider
meet certain safety rules set forth by Owosso Tractor Parts and approved
by the MBA. Just for this year (5th) event at this time.
Buddy Rider, Driver & Public Safety is utmost important. There are going
to be strict guidelines and rules concerning the Buddy Rider seat. Rules
for the Buddy Rider must be agreed to by the Buddy Rider, Driver and
1. All Buddy Rider seats are to be approved by Owosso Tractor Parts and
your club President.
2. If Seat Belts are used by the rider (at the rider’s discretion) they
must be installed securely and safely on the tractor.
3. Seat belt use will be at the sole discretion of the buddy rider
during the route/ride. Those using seat belts should read about the
pros/cons of using a seat belt on a farm tractor. The
http://nasdonline.org/document/940/d000778/use-tractors-with-rops-to-save-lives.html advises against the use of seatbelts on a
tractor unless the tractor is equipped with a ROPS (Roll Over Protection
System. Visit the above web site
for more information. OTPE & MBA assume no liability for Buddy Riders,
the tractor or the driver during this entire event.
4. Minimum of 4 photos of the seat mounted and
bolted must be sent to Owosso Tractor Parts at
firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed one month prior to the event for
5. Absolutely no mounting on the rear drawbar hole in any way.
6. All seats must be secured to the tractor beside the
driver if possible. No Buddy
Rider will be directly behind the
driver (unless there is a safety bumper separate from the seat frame).
No riders in front of the driver at all.
7. All seats must have a secure and safe back support for the rider.
Even though some tractors have a seat for a rider from the factory,
it will still have to be approved by Owosso Tractor Parts.
9. Seat must not be rusted out or welded up. (I’m sure the rider would
appreciate a cushion)
10. There can be absolutely no interference to the driver’s ability to
drive the tractor across the Mackinac Bridge or the entire parade route
safely. This means no interference what so ever with the tractor driver,
tractor clutch, tractor brakes, tractor steering and the vision of the
driver. The driver must have full control of the tractor at all times.
11. Tractor must have fenders to protect the rider from the tractor
12. Buddy Rider age must be at
least 16 years or older to ride on the tractor. Tractor driver must
be at least 18 years old.
13. Buddy Rider must be a member of the respective participating club.
Some clubs have family membership. Make sure your family member(s) are
included on their club roster if this is so.
14. Failure to comply with these rules will bar the individual(s) from
riding in the event.
15. Club officials have the right to deny all and any Buddy
Riders/driver during this event.
Mackinac Bridge Antique Tractor Crossing 2012
Event Date: Friday, September 14, 2012
Official Event: Owosso Tractor Parts Antique Tractor Parade &
Owosso Tractor Parts Newsletter (coming soon)
1-888-530-4554 Toll Free
December 15, 2012